Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Annual Thorley Cabin Trip

We made the Annual Summer trip to the Thorley cabin, and it did not disappoint. It was high time all of us left civilization for a few days, off the grid in the middle of the mountains.

Per request of Greggy, I snapped a pic of this super awesome corndog catering truck.

As a belated Father's Day 'gift,' Greg braved the Cedar City Megaplex to fall in love all over again ... with another woman. I'm pretty sure he's never looked at me like this.


One of my fire buddies snapped this pic from the Brian Head Fire, and I loved it so much I'm posting it to my blog. Just know that no, it was not super smoky or hot in Cedar City or at the cabin (contrary to Greggy's belief). The wind was blowing in all the right directions.


Greg was thrilled to mow my parent's lawn for my mom and whipped it out like it was nothing. Sofi was thrilled to help. Along with watching the garbage truck every Monday, she has also added staring at the lawn crew. The same poor guy awkwardly avoids our eye contact every week.


Once we leave the pavement and hit dirt roads, it's always tradition to get out of the car seats/seat belts. She was so excited to drive the car "all by 'self."

She napped really well.
"Giddy up Cactus!"
Washing the Ranger after picking Greg up from his Mtn. bike trip
I'll let you guess what Greg is doing here. It inspired Sofi so much she wanted to try.
Watching Moana. All day, e'ery day.
It took a lot of coaxing, but she finally got to ride this little beauty.

Greg is pretty proud of himself for this picture.
Rocking back and forth on the kick stand. The video is funnier ....
Sof helping find the hole in the pond.
Playing in Grandpa's backhoe. Those blue eyes!
Greg was happy to finally have something productive to do. My dad is up there teetering on the edge of the pond in his backhoe. He's much braver than me.
Running back and forth 'so fast!'
Cousins on the swing!
This is the 3rd picture on the bench I have of her. Sadly, she did not want to sit. Oh well.
Super blurry, but 2 pregnant sister's showing our pregnant bellies.
Yummy treats!
She loves her aunt Jess.
The next morning, everyone left but us so we were back to enjoying the solitude while driving the Ranger around. I love Sof in her cute sunglasses.

Checking on the pond.
Super unflattering of me, but Sofi looks cute.
Greg kissed the ground "like he was kissing his sister" going down the zipline. If you can't tell, he's yelling "Think light" the whole way down. "It about ripped his crotch off."


Greg likes this cabin better than ours. Probably because he can sit on this bench and get service. Big Whoop.

My poor dad was on a role. He popped a front tire on his backhoe, broke a window on the same backhoe, and ruined a tie rod on his Ranger. He pulled back up to the cabin right as we were planning to leave, so Sof's bedtime got delayed by about 3 hours. By the time we stuck her in her carseat at 8:00 pm to go back to Cedar, she was beside herself but proved that she is still able to sleep in the car, just has to be dead tired to do it. #WeCanDoHardThings.

No comments: