Friday, November 25, 2016

Month of Thanks

I've had different experiences over the past month that has made me realize how blessed I really am. I was home when a close family friend was tragically killed in a four-wheeling accident. His family shared a backyard fence with mine growing up and I have some fond memories of that man. How sad it was to hear that his life had been taken so quickly. Luckily, his daughter was able to hold him in her arms while he passed from this life to the next, but I keep replaying the scene in my mind wondering what the situation would have been like had I been in her shoes.

So because I was able to be in Cedar City surrounded by family at this man's funeral, to laugh at the stories and grieve with the family about the sudden and unexpected death, I have been able to put my own life into perspective and wonder should anything happen to me, would anyone attend my funeral?

Life is short. Life is sweet. And life is just taking each day one at a time. For this reason, I am grateful for the realization that each day is new, and each day something unexpected could happen. So, I have taken time to enjoy Sofi and Greg just a little bit more, to (try to) complain less, and smile at the things (and people) I would normally grumble at. Because life is too short to be endured, and too sweet to be bitter.

No comments: