Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Conference Weekend


I took my first solo trip to Cedar City with Sofia Lu. She surprises me every time and only cried for about 1 hr of the 3.5 hr trip. I ended up putting her in the front seat for the last leg of the journey. Don't judge me people! Utah doesn't have a law against putting babes in the front seat, they only discourage it. My airbag was turned off anyway, so we were safe (Mostly). I am a firm believer in those 80 mph zones.
All ready for the road trip
Sleeping in the front seat :)
Sofi wasn't too sure about the new sleeping arrangements. This is how I found her after her first afternoon nap.
We had to show grandma Sof's Halloween costume. Here is a preview.
Sofi has always loved Grandma Jan. Not many adults can hold this one, but she has no complaints
with this lady.
It amazes me how social Sofi is. She becomes a completely different babe surrounded by people.
Greg and I have no idea where she gets it ...
I'm trying to progress Sofi's love of animals just so we can both spite Greg one day, so we took a trip down to aunt Lynette's to see her cute little baby kitties! Greg's lucky we didn't bring one back. He's also lucky we live in a place that doesn't allow pets, but it won't always be that way ... Bahaha!

Sofi kept trying to eat the kitty, so he planted himself a safe distance away
The main reason for going to Cedar City was to watch conference at our cabin. We weren't able to find a receiver this year and ended up blasting it over our radio. It didn't matter. Being at the cabin makes everything better!

This gives a little glimpse into how cold it was
Sof got to hang out with cousin Ridge. He is huge :) and super cute! Can you tell he's 7 weeks
younger?
After the Sunday morning session, We decided to take a ride as a family down to the lower property. Even though I have been going to this place for 24 years, I still get lost - it's that big. But who's complaining right?


I had to document my mom's yellow cone head
I may be a bit biased, but I think I have the prettiest baby ever!
They're going to be best buddies!
My grandma Thorley always took a picture whenever she went somewhere because she never knew when she would be back.
I decided to follow the tradition. I yearn for this place like nowhere else. 
MaKaty went a little crazy on the drive home with my phone taking pictures. I'm actually glad she did. This is the prettiest time of year on the mountain and I now have proof to show Greg that the skies are the prettiest in Southern Utah.

It's blurry, but this is our Samurai selfie. Sof got to rock & roll with Grandma and Grandpa in the diesel.


The original plan was to come home Monday, but we convinced ourselves to stay another day :). 
This is Sofi giving herself Tylenol. She is still teething like crazy.
Playing with cousin Thor


Sofi loves her aunt Shelby
She loves her aunt Katy!
It's always hard to leave when spending time with family. My wonder baby slept the whole way home. We got home in record time - 3 hrs and 10 minutes. Did I mention I love those 80 mph zones? :)
It was so fun to come home to this. Do you think Greg missed us?
Now that I know Sof will travel, and travel well, new horizons have been opened for us. She has become quite the little traveler. Perfect timing too, because we leave for Seattle in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Erika Gray said...

I LOVE her! Your cabin looks amazing!