Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Greg turns 35!

I talked Greg into working from home on his birthday, solely for selfish reasons. Busy Season is kind of awful, and where his birthday fell on a Saturday this year, we made the most of it. 

He woke up and was able to work from the comforts of his own home, how unproductive it might have been. It has finally, sort of, almost sunk into my brain that Greg really hates birthday's, so I may have toned it down a bit, but we still did our best to celebrate him against his will a good part of the day.

I had coordinated with Katy a few weeks earlier to secretly come up to watch our girls so that I could take Greggy night boarding for his birthday.


He may have been reluctant at first, but when he could choose from any resort he wanted, he made quick work of finding the info he needed on the computer and purchasing our passes. A Greggy on a mission is a sight to behold.

Katy was prompt and the girls were beyond excited to spend the day with her, so off Greggy and I went to night ski at Brighton (I think).

Greg had his board and made the decision for me to Ski instead of Snowboard, so I planned to rent ski's, which ended up being a disaster. I waited 45+ minutes to get my ski's while Greg went down a few runs without me. I eventually got my ski's and found Greg, and off we went on our frozen adventure!

Brighton is beautiful! I had never been before in the winter, and it is a sight to behold. It was so cool to look over the mountain down into what we suspected was Midway/Heber. 

Greg was able to enjoy the beauty of the sunset while I was inside waiting for my ski's.
Together at last!
Because why wouldn't he blink for the photo?

We had a lot of fun going down the mountain. It always astounds me how fast Greg is! He has his sister Lindsey to thank for that, as he tells me. Greg sure doesn't move fast on his own feet, but when he's on a bike or a snowboard, watch out!

After we were sufficiently tired and frozen, we deemed the night a success and ski/boarded down the mountain one last time. We got some yummy dinner on our way home and were happy to see that Katy had managed the girls beautifully. All 3 were tucked in their beds without any mishaps.

We were so stuffed from our dinner, we decided to do cake and ice cream another day.

He may not like birthday's, but he does love us, and that helps make up for the rest, I think.

Greggy requested a homemade lemon rasberry cake, courtesy of @CakebyCourtney. With how expensive eggs were in January, it was a labor of love to get that thing made. The cake alone used 8 eggs. and the buttercream used even more! It cost a small fortune, but it was delicious so at least it was worth it!

We sure do love you Greggy! 35 never looked so good.

No comments: