Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Another Trip to Cedar

We loaded up one weekend and headed to Cedar, just because we could. Sometimes we need a break from life up north, and love to head south whenever we can.



On the way down we passed a van identical to ours that had been lifted, had off-road tires, and a big burly mountain bike on the back. It was hilarious!

My uncle is thrilled whenever we use his horses, and the girls love it! The horses are kept out at the family farm, and I have loved being able to take the girls out there whenever we can. I have such fond memories being out there when I was growing up, and I learned some major lessons about life too. Horses are amazing, and I'm so glad we are still able to use them whenever we visit.

This was my childhood. Right here. The view, the skies, the fields, and the horse. I had to stop and admire it all for just a sec.

Claire had had a long day, so Sof and I escaped to walk around the temple while she was sleeping. It was so nice just to be on the grounds.
Grandma was kind enough to gift Claire this Barbie dress. She wore it everywhere.
Even out to Three Peaks where we got to watch Zach and Kate's mountain bike races. I was the hysterical person cheering them on, and I like to think they went a little faster at the end, just to get away from me :). It was total coincidence we were in town the same weekend, but it was fun to go support them. Mountain Biking is so fun! It reminded me a lot of XC in high school, and you could tell it was a good group of kids to be a part of.
Mocha is a good sport. This is right before she took Claire on a ride.
I got to visit my sweet Grandpa. They took him out of his Care Center in SLC because he wasn't receiving the care he needed, thanks to COVID. My dad and his 5 siblings each took turns watching him, and it was fun to see him. Even though he didn't recognize me when he finally did wake up, it was a special experience to see that despite his dementia, he was still his sweet, old self. I love this man and I'm glad I got this pictures, as unflattering as it is of both of us. I didn't know it would be the last time I saw him.

No comments: