Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Temple Square Tulips 2019

We went for the 3rd year in a row to see the Tulips at Temple Square, and the week of Sof's birthday continues to be the best time to go. It's become such a fun little tradition for us.

Her face! :)
These two were so cute to watch follow each other around. Claire has endless amounts of energy, and is surprisingly fast, so Sof was my gopher to go get her off grass I wasn't sure she should be walking on. I got more than one look from the grounds crew.

Cute Sof. I told her to strike a pose and the following pictures are the result. You're welcome.


And to prove Claire was still there (and still eating) here ya go.


We have a fun neighborhood friend who lives in the Church Office Building, so she came down to see us and challenged Sofi to a race. It was pretty impressive to watch her race Sofi in 4" heels. 
And, let's all take a moment to notice Sofi's form. She may be a distance runner after all.

 Claire came in a close 3rd.
Jen couldn't believe I'd never been up to the observation deck (the 26th floor) of the Church Building,  but it was closed so she took me to her office on the 25th floor. It was amazing to look down and see everything from that height. It also made me a little nauseous watching my kids hugging the window.

Behold, a smiling picture.
Sof found a bird to chase.

On our way out, Linda Margots was practicing the organ in the Tabernacle, and I had never been inside to hear the amazing accoustics people rave about, and it truly was just that, Amazing! She ripped paper up on stage, she dropped a pin, and guess what? I heard it clear in the back of the tabernacle! Sofi and I could've stayed and listened all afternoon, but we had a hangry Claire with us, so we were only able to stay for 1 song. But that alone was worth it. The pioneers were amazing in what they constructed!

No comments: