Thursday, April 19, 2018

Easter 2018


How in the world did I forget to post about Easter?!

It was pretty much the Best. Weekend. Ever! General Conference and Easter both shared the same weekend this year and I wish it could be like that always.

Sof participated in her first Easter egg hunt Saturday and had so much fun! I gave her a pep talk on how she's going to be bold and not let any of the kids push her around. But, once the egg hunt started, I realized I should've saved the pep talk for future years. Her age group were still so cute and innocent. Kids were out there handing each other eggs. Soooo cute!

Sof with our cute neighbor McKenna.
Talking strategy

Sof was so excited to color Easter eggs too, and I got over my irrational aversion to vinegar so that she could enjoy the experience.

 
Whoever said Greg isn't creative has never seen the man color Easter eggs. Holy cow. Apparently I've been doing it wrong my entire life.

 
Greg escaped to the Priesthood Session so it was just me and my girls. We had pancakes for dinner and I made Sof go to Dairy Queen to get an ice cream cone instead of Artic Circle. She had a nasty cough and I didn't feel like plaguing any other unsuspecting kid on the playground.

Yes, she is eating the ice cream out of the cone with a spoon.

I obviously didn't get any pictures of the girls with their baskets, but Sof was pretty excited and asked if the Easter Bunny and Santa were friends.


Greg took Claire up and dressed her in her Easter dress and I'm pretty sure she's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Her ankle rolls get me every time.
Sof was excited to fly her new kite!
Claire likes to hang upside down. Maybe it's a nice rest from having to hold up her huge head.
The cutest 3 year old!
Claire didn't like having her face smashed.
Cute Sof and Owen. 
Their faces explain this picture perfectly.
They were so cute following each other up the trails.
My little beauty.

The perfect way to spend a weekend. Together, while being uplifted by the prepared messages of Conference, on the day of our Savior's resurrection. It is simple moments like this, that allow me to realize how lucky I am, and how good and loving our Heavenly Father and Savior are. Life is good, love is sweet, and my family is Eternal. 

No comments: