Thursday, March 16, 2017

Taking A Break in Minersville

Sof and I embarked south yesterday to spend some time with my family. She is such a champ while traveling. As long as I have packed adequate movies, snacks, books, crayons/paper/stickers, she is happy, which is a miracle because this girl no longer naps in the car. Ever.

She is featured here reading herself Friendly Farm.
Still smiling :)

We stopped in Minersville to see my sister and her cute boys (it is 20 miles west of Beaver for those of you who don't know). She just moved into a "newer" house and I wanted to check it out. Plus, Sof was really wanting to see "Ridgie."

Playing on the floor at the one and only gas station.
Cute Sof. I bought me a Frazil and she took it upon herself to drink 3/4 of it.
I love this pic! Both babes frantically slurping their Frazil's.
Jess took us on a tour of the town in her Rhino. Sof helped drive. Yes, Sof has inherited Greg's facial expressions.
Everyone in my family has a kitty, except us. Poor Sof. Your time will come sweet girl.

She loved this table. Can you blame her? (NOTICE HER KITTY SHIRT!!! Yes, it has a flower crown).

Every time I spend time in a small town, I remember how much I miss them! There is just something about being away from the hubbub of big cities that causes you to realize there are more important things. The people are friendlier, life seems simpler, and the animals more plentiful. I was made for small towns! I will live in a small town. It will happen.

No comments: