Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Oh to be a Mother.

This year was really special to me for some reason. Sofi was a dream and Greggy made sure that I didn't have to lift a finger (even though I know it was a hard day for him). He fried scones for Breakfast, put Sofi down for a nap, and made me a delicious roast for dinner. What a fun day-off for me.

Growing up, I never planned on being a Mother; it just never was a goal of mine. Neither was marriage. Looking back, I am amazed to realize how blind I was! How blind to the goodness families bring, blind to the happiness I unknowingly was trying to deprive myself of.

Being a mother doesn't come easy to me - it just doesn't. I'm not as patient, caring, compassionate, or giving as I should be. Yet, I try my best and that is all Heavenly Father asks of me. I love my child, and I try to do the best I can despite my shortcomings. According to Elder Holland, that is enough.

So this year, I just wanted to remind myself that I am enough. I have to remind myself every day, "I am a good wife. I am a good mother. I am a good person." Otherwise, negative thoughts and feelings overtake me and have an effect for the rest of the day.

Times may be hard, I may not always react the way I should, my child and husband may drive me crazy at times, but despite all my shortcomings, I. Am. Enough.

These two make everything worth it!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Glad you had a day off! I think parenting is hard, regardless of how much comes natural. You're doing great!