Monday, July 29, 2024

Bryce Canyon - Day 2

Breakfast was included with our awesome room, and the buffet each morning was delicious! Since Bryce Canyon is a National Park, it is always crawling with tourists. It was fun to hear all of the different accents in the morning and be reminded how lucky we are to live so close to such a beautiful place!


As the girls get older and more advanced on their bikes, it is fun to think that one day I will be dropping off more than one person to ride Greg's favorite trail. Until then, he gets to ride solo.


While Greg was having the time of his life, we were having fun ourselves at the local park. It is sad to think that one day these girls will be too big to enjoy the little things we've come to do on our trips, like playing on a random playground. Regardless, we still had fun, and Sof was a good helper with Quincey.

Smokey the Bear getting the sweatiest hug he's had in a long time.

Even though the Indoor pool is next to frigid, the girls and Greg had chosen to swim while Quincey took a much needed nap, and I perused the store downstairs. By the time I made it to the pool, the girls were in the shower, playing "grannies" and I just about died laughing when I walked in to hear their cute little Australian accents they learned from watching Bluey. 

Meet Janet and Rita, everyone.


After everyone dried off and Quincey woke up, we headed into the park with our bikes to ride back out on the trail - my absolute favorite thing to do!

We parked at the Old Lodge and toured the place - I've never been inside and it was super cool to see the architecture! My Grandpa Jolley grew up in Tropic, just down the canyon from Bryce Canyon, and when he was a teenager, he was a cook in the Old Lodge - it's actually where he met my Grandma. So it was a fun memory to relive as we walked around, knowing my cute grandpa had spent so much time there. 


Grandma Jan and Grandpa Todd met us in the park with their ebikes. It was fun to see them.


The girls played a game to see if they could weave in and out of the lines - their weaving became pretty impressive!

This sign in the Ruby's Inn store made me chuckle. I now identify as part mermaid!

Because we have relatives that live in Tropic, my mom claims we can use the "local discount" which saves you 20% off anything in the store. Sof scored a thread wallet for a steal and can be seen here with it! I was laughing pretty good - there's someone about my mom and finding a deal when she shops on vacation. I ended up dreaming that night about getting a local discount on something - so it sure made an impression 🤣.


It was fun to have my parents stay and eat dinner with us at Ruby's Inn. The Dinner Buffet is just as delicious as the Breakfast.

I loved this picture in our room, so naturally I snapped a pic.

Quincey was around 18 months when we made it to Bryce, and she was such a fun age to travel with! No matter where I go, she will always find me. It's pretty impressive :).


No comments: